D language for Graphical User Interface and Cross Platform Development

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Mon Jun 22 16:31:46 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-17 21:13:37 +0000, Liu said:

> On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 at 20:38:38 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 at 19:59:15 UTC, aberba wrote:
>>> Some here said they, as in their company/startup, were working on a D
>>> GUI project but that hasn't happened yet.
>>
>> You are probably referring to
>> https://forum.dlang.org/post/qbsg7d$11s3$1@digitalmars.com
>>
>> --Bastiaan
>
> Is he going to write a whole GUI framework from scratch? like Qt?

Since that's us I can reply...

Yes, this whole thing is from scratch. Mainly because we don't care
about any OS specific widgets. We just use the window as a canvas
container and from there one do it on our own. We used this approach in
the past and it was one of the best decisions. Zero dependencies, one
file executable.

We do this, because we want to port our product to a new tech-stack.
But, as you can imagine, still a long way to go.

We start doing some internal tools which can be CLI or GUI based to
gain more experience. Overall, the framework parts are working well
together. The framework design works and is very flexible. So, no walls
hit so far.

Focus is on extending the widgets functionality and features
step-by-step. We do as we move forward and do the refactoring while
learning how to implement things best.

Here is a new teaser:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjefzyneqnxr7pb/dgui_teaser-1.mp4

So, we added 9-patch image support for widget styling.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com