std.v2020.algorithm etc[ WAS: Is run.d going to be expand for runtime and the phobos library?]

Jon Degenhardt jond at noreply.com
Wed Jun 24 17:00:37 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 23 June 2020 at 21:19:39 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> Do you (or anyone else reading this--feel free to chime in)
> have an example in mind of such an "elaborate range"? If so,
> I'd be happy to do the legwork of running additional
> experiments. No need to settle for speculation here when we can
> have actual data.

I don't think they'll satisfy what you are looking for, but I do
have a few examples of ranges doing non-trivial things in public
repos. You are welcome to take a look:

* bufferedByLine -
https://github.com/eBay/tsv-utils/blob/master/common/src/tsv_utils/common/utils.d#L831
* inputSourceRange -
https://github.com/eBay/tsv-utils/blob/master/common/src/tsv_utils/common/utils.d#L1443
* parseFieldList -
https://github.com/eBay/tsv-utils/blob/master/common/src/tsv_utils/common/fieldlist.d#L291
* findFieldGroups -
https://github.com/eBay/tsv-utils/blob/master/common/src/tsv_utils/common/fieldlist.d#L1045
* parseNumericFieldList -
https://github.com/eBay/tsv-utils/blob/master/common/src/tsv_utils/common/fieldlist.d#L2029

None of them are used in performance sensitive regions of code,
so they haven't been benchmarked or optimized.