Why Phobos is cool

Avrina avrina12309412342 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 22:14:48 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 25 June 2020 at 19:49:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Yah, rust is an even better example. They have talented people
> who are dedicated to everything related to the rust community,
> and doing so improves their own career and pays their bills.
> How would you walk and talk if your formal job, and that of a
> team around you, would be to serve, manage, and improve the D
> community? Completely different ballgame.
>
> At least with the resources we can muster for the time being,
> this is a war of attrition we can't sustain. It's simple. Our
> flamewars are similar to the poor couple fighting and giving
> each other the example of the Joneses and how easy everything
> seems to be for them.

The only thing the community can do is voice their disdain with
what they are unhappy with. The situation with DIP1028 is what it
takes to change course of the SS Didanic. The whole community has
to be riled up in protest for a change to actually happen. It's
difficult to make even small changes for the better.