Why Phobos is cool

Guillaume Piolat first.name at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 12:25:49 UTC 2020

On Friday, 26 June 2020 at 01:58:13 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

> We could use more kindness around here. Look at the title of
> this thread. "Why Phobos is cool." Someone found something he
> liked in Phobos. I knew as soon as I saw the title a poopfest
> was going to inevitably follow. Let the man have his day.

+1

Kindness is powerful.

I think we the community is prompt to point out the few mistakes
while ignoring the stream of good decision the D leadership made
along the years. One of those being a "big" Phobos that has lured
many teams towards D. Considering the package explosion in "thin"
stdlib languages, it was a clear win.