Why Phobos is cool

bachmeier no at spam.net
Fri Jun 26 16:41:36 UTC 2020

On Friday, 26 June 2020 at 16:21:17 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:

> Perhaps this is because we do not have a "Steve Jobs" in our
> midst--or perhaps we do, and they simply lack confidence that
> their contribution would be valued and rewarded.

I'm not sure what it means to talk about a Steve Jobs in the
context of an open source project. He hired many of the top
people, paid very high salaries, and shouted at them until he had
a product he wanted to use. It's easy to be a visionary leader if
you have billions of dollars to implement your vision.