Apple is officially moving away from Intel to a custom Arm chip

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Fri Jun 26 19:41:29 UTC 2020

On Friday, 26 June 2020 at 19:33:03 UTC, kinke wrote:

> That'd be awesome. I have a pretty concrete idea of how this
> should look like, and would definitely prefer a little tool
> directly inside the LDC repo, analogous to ldc-build-runtime.
> The main reason being that it's tightly coupled to the prebuilt
> packages, and they are controlled by the CI scripts in the LDC
> repo.
>
> See
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/pujpcnubepoknwbircob@forum.dlang.org for how I imagine this to be used.

That would be very useful. Keep in mind that many would like to
have several targets installed at the same time so that you don't
have to have a separate ldc directory for each target. As
mentioned using ldc -mtriple=x-y-z will just take another target
than the default one and automatically choose the right libraries
and import paths.

BTW, why is LDC using -mtriple when clang is using --target?