Which Dub packages are you using?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 23:28:13 UTC 2020

On Friday, 26 June 2020 at 20:10:27 UTC, aberba wrote:
> Arsd has been used in many unexpected placed I've come across
> D. Glad you did it and still heavily maintained.

Yeah, I have just done a lot of things over a lot of years now.
My cgi.d was first written in 2008*, dom.d in 2010, simpledisplay
in 2011. Much of it is fairly basic functionality and it has been
around for a long time, so no surprise to see it pop up.

I have no idea how many people actually use it. I get some emails
from people who use it but not very many. I don't trust the dub
stats for one because my lib is designed to be used without dub
downloads and I encouraged that for many years, and for two the
numbers just seem off. I think a small handful of CI runners
account for most the downloads instead of real users. That the
top 5 consistently has 2 testing packages would seem to reinforce
this belief.

fun fact, the original version of Hunt actually was basically a
repackaged arsd to integrate it more. Doesn't look like they
still have any of my code in there anymore though. They probably
rewrote as they grew.

* well actually i did a form of cgi.d even earlier than that, but
the original version was deleted and completely rewritten in
2008. Since then though it has been the same codebase... and
actually still pretty compatible with what it was back then. I
always try not to break old stuff unless I have a good reason.

> Has ketmar been on any DConf, will be interesting to know him.

he told me once he reads and writes english a lot better than
listens and speaks, so he doesn't get much out of dconf. Fairly
active on the irc room when he's not busy with his other projects
though. He's both written and ported a lot of good code.