Which Dub packages are you using?

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 10:45:48 UTC 2020

On Friday, 26 June 2020 at 00:35:42 UTC, aberba wrote:
> So I've been doing a tour of dub packages to see whats we've
> got. I must says here's quite a lot to go through and not
> everything falls within my comfort zone.
>
> Please help me know the ones you really like and why.
>
> Here are some I like:
>
> Vibe-d, works exactly as how I'm used to from other framework.
> Has fair rich modules and ecosystem of supported extensions on
> dub. Has got a clean API and fairly good docs.
>
> Requests, honestly its the best I've come across for HTTP
> requests.
>
> Mysql-native, was previously into MySQL-lited but this looks
> much cleaner with a linear flow.
>

> Arsd, by Adam. Just works. Same APIs designs. Well maintained.
> Few dependencies.
>
> Botan, cus its the only one with rich encryption and hashing
> algos. It often breaks but it's what I've got. Its quite
> capable though.
>
> Dxml, I don't do much XML these days but its probably the most
> powerful. I like the clean API and docs too.
>
> Gtkd, its the best on Linux I've used. Considering I use a GTK+
> based DE
>
> Quick mentions
> _----------
> dlib, dlib-*
> Dargon
> hunt-*, seriously love the hunt ecosystem and energy
>
> money
> BindBC-*, don't use them directly but almost every graphics
> package on dub uses it. So indirect benefit.
> GraphQL-d, seriously, it looks feature rich. Looking to try
> some graqhQL these days. Glad this one exists.
>

> What's your selection?

I should add that someone recently mentioned BeamUI which is a
fork of which is a fork of DLangUI with many IMO unnecessary
stuff stripped out. Its uses CSS for styling instead of old XML.

I'm impressed by many of the decisions made since it matches up
to what I'm used to in React and what I see SwiftUI (Apple) and
Flutter (Google) doing but in with a lite and focused set.

If you're familiar with the declarative model used in those
mentioned above, BeamUI should look familiar.

At this point I think I'm going to be spending more time with it.

https://github.com/dayllenger/beamui
(See the examples folder)