Why Phobos is cool

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 10:59:32 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 27 June 2020 at 20:29:22 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/27/2020 5:07 AM, Avrina wrote:
>>> Many D community members have stepped up at their own
>>> initiative to become the leader of various parts.
>> Go ahead and list some. I already have a feeling I know what
>> the trend is going to be like.
>
> Rainer does the Win64 and VS support. Brad Roberts initiated,
> built, and ran the test servers for many years. He did bugzilla
> too. Iain does GDC. The LDC team is entirely self-selected.
> Jacob does the Objective-C support. Vladimir wrote the Dforum
> software (and many other indispensable tools). And on and on
> for nearly every part of the D system.
>
> You want something to happen? Step up and make it happen.

Yes, someone definitely has to be uncharged. That's always true.

But what's your (DLF) role in this? Does it fall outside the
vision of the foundation to participate and keep the fire burning
in whatever way it can? Is there no coordination to solidify and
unify all those efforts to ensure continuity? What happens when
those people leave. What's the foundation doing about this?