How I use D

Cym13 cpicard at purrfect.fr
Mon Jun 29 13:03:27 UTC 2020

On Monday, 29 June 2020 at 11:02:47 UTC, Robert Schadek wrote:
> On Monday, 29 June 2020 at 09:09:14 UTC, Cym13 wrote:
>> The original "Phobos is cool" thread encouraged me to share my
>> experience.
>
> Happy to read this.
>
> I love phobos, and think it should grow and include more stuff.
>
> What libs are you missing?

It's hard to pin point. As I explained I don't know from one week
to the other whether I'll be working on an AS/400, a new
connected lock, some bank's website in Java or a company network
with 250k+ different machines.

I don't need 10 XML libraries, but I need 10 libraries parsing 10
different formats. As much as possible. Formats and protocols are
the most important for me since it's the first step to be able to
talk to the equipment. Anything goes really.

The last I used Python was to parse a huge amount of raw Windows
logs. The format isn't complex, I could have written a parser in
D, but it was already there in Python so I used that. No regret,
I like Python, but it made the choice that easy.

Dear reader, if you happen to work with a strange format that you
think nobody has any use of but have a working parser then please
upload it somewhere. I'm pretty sure it'll come in handy someday.