compiler flag for "preview all"

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:55:40 UTC 2020

On Monday, 29 June 2020 at 23:31:16 UTC, Bruce Carneal wrote:
> So, any objections to preview=all meaning "enable all known
> preview items"?

I wouldn't object, but I wouldn't find 'all *known* preview
items' useful since the status of the switches varies a lot.

I personally try to enable dip25, dip1000, fieldwise, markdown,
fixAliasThis, intpromote, and dtorfields for my projects. I
especially like markdown in DDoc, and dip25+dip1000 enabling
@safe use of stack memory.

I don't use the following switches:

nosharedaccess: tried it, but it gave some compile errors I
couldn't be bothered to fix
rvaluerefparam: cool feature, but DIP is in 'GitHub gist' state
(not even draft review), so it's not certain this will actually
become part of the language
dip1008: I don't need @nogc Exceptions it, from what I heard it's
in a buggy state
dip1021: useless switch that gives 100% false positives (see DIP
review). I tried to enable it, it gave a compile error in Phobos
std.uni.CowArray, and ended in a dmd segfault