I want off Mr. Golang's Wild Ride

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 1 01:43:26 UTC 2020

On 2/29/20 7:15 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:> On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at
08:56:36AM +0000, Ron Tarrant via Digitalmars-d wrote:

 > For me, the fact the Go didn't (and still doesn't) have generics is a
 > showstopper for me.

I coded in Go for one year for a microservice security company. After
cursing for about two weeks I settled down and went along with whatever
idioms Go wanted me to write in. I don't mean lack of features was not
important; what I mean is, we humans can adapt any situation.

The fact that Go does not have generics (or templates) is an indication
to me of the engineering skills of Go's creators. It's almost advocating
"don't use the computer, write it again and again." Well, if they
haven't understood the utility of templates, they first need to open
their minds and then eat multiple bakery-fulls of bread. (Bad
translation of a Turkish saying.)

Ali