An example of why I hate the web

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:14:27 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 3 March 2020 at 17:34:37 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 01:19:44PM +0000, matheus via
> Digitalmars-d wrote: [...]
>> It's the same with Microsoft, they're screwing the e-mail.
> [...]
>> It's just a shame.
> [...]
>
> Just use Mutt[1]. :-D
>
> [1] http://www.mutt.org/

But how the e-mail client will solve the problem in the e-mail
server/service? Because the retention happens in the server, the
client can't do nothing or can?

I've tried 3 e-mail clients (Even Outlook) and all keep sending
any deleted e-mail to Recover Folder which is unmapped by any
client.

One thing that I just remembered, this problem with Recover
deleted items is pretty old, and here is someone complaining a
year ago:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/601444-the-new-outlook-com/suggestions/37583596-option-to-disable-recover-deleted-items

The answer from David Los - Microsoft Outlook (Product Manager,
Outlook.com):

"Hi there, thank you for the feedback. I just wanted to let you
know that if you select all of the messages in your deleted items
folder and hold down shift and the delete button on your keyboard
the items will be permanently deleted and not going into the
Dumpster/Recover deleted items experience."

Unfortunately the Product Manager is totally wrong because this
doesn't work at all, I have tried in Inbox Folder, Trash Folder
and it always end up into Recover Deleted Items Folder.

But even it worked, it would requires 2 steps to delete an
e-mail, from Inbox and then Trash Folder, which before this
nonsense was introduced was simple and worked.

And I will skip the blocking e-mail feature that just doesn't
work at all, and a lot of people complains:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/601444-the-new-outlook-com/suggestions/38434351-blocked-email-selected-not-being-blocked

I like this comment: "big computer company can't even handle
blocking e-mails".

Just a pity,

Matheus.