D enters Tiobe top 20

SrMordred patric.dexheimer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 16:37:08 UTC 2020

On Friday, 6 March 2020 at 15:27:27 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> On Monday, 4 November 2019 at 09:03:04 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
>>
>> [1] https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/
>
> As for March 2020, D has gone off the top 20 and is now on
> place 23.
>
> What does that tell us? Not much really, other than that sub 1%
> language positions are noisy.
>
> I'm surprised C is still on second place. What can we do to
> kill it really?

Easier C interop.
I Love D but lots of times i start to think of returning to C.
I don´t like having to manage bindings , I need something faster
that I can just put my C headers there and make it work like I
would in C. I love Atilla´s DPP work, but its not *there* yet.

I would like something like how Zig handle this issue. I think
that every C programmer that want to swap languages will go
eventually to Rust (If they want more safety), or to Zig (easier
interop + more power).

D + BetterC have today the "more power" part only.