Standard D, Mir D benchmarks against Numpy (BLAS)

9il ilyayaroshenko at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:00:48 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 12 March 2020 at 12:59:41 UTC, Pavel Shkadzko wrote:
> I have done several benchmarks against Numpy for various 2D
> matrix operations. The purpose was mere curiosity and spread
> the word about Mir D library among the office data engineers.
> Since I am not a D expert, I would be happy if someone could
> take a second look and double check.

Generally speaking, the D/Mir code of the benchmark is slow by
how it has been written.
I am not arguing you to use  D/Mir. Furthermore, sometimes I am
arguing my clients to do not to use it if you can. On the
commercial request, I can write the benchmark or an applied
algorithm so D/Mir will beat numpy in all the tests including
gemm. --Ilya