Standard D, Mir D benchmarks against Numpy (BLAS)

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Thu Mar 12 14:41:57 UTC 2020

On 13/03/2020 3:27 AM, Pavel Shkadzko wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 March 2020 at 13:18:41 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>> You forgot to disable the GC for both bench's.
>> Also @fastmath for standard_ops_bench.
>>
>> FYI: standard_ops_bench does a LOT of memory allocations.
>
> Thank you.
> Add GC.disable; inside the main function, right? It didn't really change
> anything for any of the benchmarks, maybe I did it wrong.

Okay that means no GC collection was triggered during your benchmarks.

This is good to know, that means the performance problems are indeed on
your end and not runtime related.

> Does @fastmath work only on functions with plain loops or everything
> with math ops? It is not clear from LDC docs.

Try it :)

I have no idea how much it'll help. You have used it on one but not the
other, so it seems odd to not do it on both.