druntime redesign

Denis Feklushkin feklushkin.denis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:05:50 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 15 March 2020 at 16:31:35 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Sunday, 15 March 2020 at 10:29:11 UTC, Denis Feklushkin
> wrote:
>> What do you think about this? Is that good idea?
>
> Sounds like what Walter wanted to do in the first place:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/2616#issuecomment-496312793
> https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/2616#issuecomment-503503846

Yes, it seems like that.

Just in case, to exclude discrepancies, I detail purpose of my
proposal:
My proposal is about exclude any version() from
platform-independent code. It is too hard to maintain all
versions in one module file because it is too many types of
platforms is available. (Really, I think we have near of infinity
number of them, if we treat as version various sets of types
aliases, etc.)