Scientific computing using D

9il ilyayaroshenko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 06:02:25 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 17 March 2020 at 00:48:24 UTC, ahmat wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I use mainly Python for scientific computing and I want to
> switch to D but I can't find good libraries as replacement for
> pandas, matplotlib, scipy, ...
> Are there plans to make D better in this area?

https://github.com/libmir/mir-algorithm
https://github.com/libmir/mir-random
https://github.com/libmir/mir-blas
https://github.com/libmir/mir-lapack
https://github.com/libmir/mir-optim
https://github.com/libmir/mir-intergral

Mir is not the libraries for scientific research on a PC as well
as the whole D isn't the best choice for that. Python is better
for this kind of stuff. If you just like D, it isn't a good
reason to use it. Use D if you don't have other choices because
of technical reasons. D offers what other languages can't and
sometimes it is the only good choice an engineer has.

Ilya