Scientific computing using D

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Mar 17 19:43:46 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 17 March 2020 at 18:57:33 UTC, Ahmat wrote:

[...]

One other thing I'll add is that my bigger goal is to move us
away from encouraging people to choose a particular language. D's
strength is that any code you write can be called from any other
language. For me, that's far more important than the short-term
goal of writing code that does what I need it to do this week.
I've done something useful when I write code in D and others use
it from their language of choice without ever having heard of D.
If someone wants to use Python, R, Matlab, Octave, Fortran, or
Cobol, I still want them to be able to take advantage of the code
I've already written.