Get DUB to skip linker and output object files?

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Thu Mar 19 13:39:32 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 19 March 2020 at 11:21:53 UTC, Markus Pursche wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 March 2020 at 15:38:38 UTC, kinke wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 18 March 2020 at 15:28:44 UTC, Markus Pursche
>> wrote:
>>> There are no special commands for the linker, the linker
>>> itself is modified and signs executables, so this will not
>>> work.
>>
>> If it can be expressed in a clang cmdline, it can work.
>
> It is not verbose about anything it does since it's a security
> feature, I really don't think linking with a regular linker
> will do it but I can add it to my list of things to try. :P

Look, LDC simply invokes the C compiler for linking (for Posix
targets), and that can be controlled via `-gcc`. So if Sony's
clang or whatever you are invoking has a compatible command-line
interface, it should trivially work. Add -v to the LDC cmdline to
see the invoked linker cmdline, and -Xcc and -L to add flags to C
compiler / linker.