How is chunkBy supposed to behave on copy

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:35:28 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 19 March 2020 at 14:46:39 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> The only way to "fix" this IMO is to migrate to a system where
> standard (non-forward) input ranges are not copyable, and
> deprecate save. It likely will never happen.
>
> -Steve

Perhaps there is another way. Individual ranges can give
guarantees about their own copy behaviour if they want. We could
document the current copy behaviour of existing Phobos ranges and
say that relying on it is thereafter fine.

But then the question with `chunkBy` is, should it take the
opportunity to start to behave like most other ranges in this
regard?