Getting a development dmd tree going

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 01:55:23 UTC 2020

On 3/24/20 9:37 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Yeah, there's a whole swath of dmd binaries that don't work on Catalina.
>
> With which dmd release do they work on Catalina?

I have these compilers installed with dvm:

dmd-2.040
dmd-2.050
dmd-2.051
dmd-2.057
dmd-2.058
dmd-2.060
dmd-2.064
dmd-2.065.0
dmd-2.066.0
dmd-2.067.1
dmd-2.068.0
dmd-2.068.1
dmd-2.068.2
dmd-2.069.0
dmd-2.069.1
dmd-2.070.0
dmd-2.070.2
dmd-2.071.0
dmd-2.071.0-b1
dmd-2.071.1
dmd-2.072.0
dmd-2.072.2
dmd-2.073.0
dmd-2.073.1
dmd-2.074.0
dmd-2.074.1
dmd-2.075.0
dmd-2.075.1
dmd-2.076.0
dmd-2.076.1
dmd-2.077.0
dmd-2.078.0
dmd-2.078.1
dmd-2.079.0
dmd-2.080.0
dmd-2.080.1
dmd-2.081.0
dmd-2.082.1
dmd-2.083.0
dmd-2.086.0
dmd-2.086.1
dmd-2.088.0
dmd-2.089.0
dmd-2.089.1
dmd-2.090.0
dmd-2.090.1

I did a simple test through all of them, just dmd --version. I get this
error:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
_dyld_enumerate_tlv_storage

Starting at 2.073.0

The thing starts working again with 2.088.0.

So all the compilers from 2.073 - 2.087 are not usable on Catalina,
according to that test.

The ones before are usable (or at least will run), the ones after are
usable.

-Steve