Discussion Thread: DIP 1028--Make @safe the Default--Final Review

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 10:55:44 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 25 March 2020 at 21:58:40 UTC, Jonathan Marler
wrote:
> Has the benefit warranted the cost to manage these tags
> throughout your code?

Yes. Especially since the cost is trivial.

> Do we have any projects that are already using this behavior by
> putting "@safe:" at the top of every file?  Does anyone have
> any pointers to projects that have done this?

All my projects that aren't called reggae. The only reason for
that exception is that it's ancient and I didn't know any better
then.

I don't know how we've managed, but we've utterly failed at
marketing @safe to the community. Writing @safe code is easy
unless you're doing manual memory management or trying to
abstract it with a library. *Especially* with DIP1000.