Discussion Thread: DIP 1028--Make @safe the Default--Final Review

12345swordy alexanderheistermann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:02:51 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 26 March 2020 at 16:19:44 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 March 2020 at 14:24:24 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> But D's runtime checks are also a valid solution.
>
> We can do better that at compile time.

But not always though. There are scenarios where you have to rely
on runtime checks, such as user driven input for example.

Side note: There should be a significant push for runtime
reflection if we are pushing for safe by default. I recall Andrei
talking about it in one of his presentation on how the compile
time reflection will lay ground work for runtime reflection. I
have not seen any developments on that front. Reason being that
classes can inherent from other classes.

-Alex