Is it time for D 3.0?

Denis Feklushkin feklushkin.denis at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 17:40:45 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 28 March 2020 at 17:29:57 UTC, Les De Ridder wrote:

>> byte -> octet
>
> You could make an argument for the other ones, but I'm pretty
> sure
> everyone understands what is meant by 'byte' 99% of the time.

At this decade.

I specifically wrote remark about FPGA. Creating new processors
becomes easy as creating software for them.

In the future we will have a lot of different processors inside
of PC case. I can easily imagine special purpose CPU with byte
sized 6 or 16. So as for me it’s better to get rid of this name,
since in the very first version of D language it was declared
that standard types are platform independent (except size_t of
course).