Is it time for D 3.0?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Mar 29 00:58:12 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 28 March 2020 at 21:38:00 UTC, Denis Feklushkin
wrote:
[...]
> Just make survey around your friends/collegues about: what is a
> byte? Then compare with wikipedia/dictionary/RFC/etc
> definition. You will be very surprised.
[...]

The Wikipedia article clearly states that definitions of "byte"
other than 8 bits are *historical*, and that practically all
modern hardware has standardized on the 8-bit byte.  I don't
understand why this is even in dispute in the first place.
Frankly, it smells like just a red herring.