Bottom type DIP 1017 and final rejection reasons?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 21:41:20 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 29 March 2020 at 18:18:49 UTC, aliak wrote:

> So I looked up I DIP1017 and I think the only info I could find
> (other than the 18 page forum thread) on the rejected was "this
> proposal is not the way to go about it. He hopes to revisit the
> issue in the future." [0]
>
> Was there any more on the details about it that is missing from
> the DIP assessment part? [1]

You left out the key point from your quote: "in light of the
feedback in both review rounds". The feedback convinced him his
was the wrong approach. Nothing more to it than that.

If it had been anyone else, I wouldn't have marked the DIP as
rejected. I would instead have marked it as Withdrawn, as he made
the decision just as the Final Review ended and before I emailed
him asking for a formal assessment. But he explicitly told me he
was rejecting his own DIP.