[Sort of OT] ACM library is free through June 20

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Mar 31 08:45:18 UTC 2020

On 3/30/2020 11:33 PM, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev] wrote:
> it looks very strongly related to your work on @live:
>
> https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1007/978-3-642-11957-6_29
>
> Direct download link:
> https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2F978-3-642-11957-6_29.pdf

Thank you. Abstract is:

Stateful Contracts for Affine Types∗
Jesse A. Tov and Riccardo Pucella

Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
{tov,riccardo}@ccs.neu.edu

Abstract. Affine type systems manage resources by preventing some
values from being used more than once. This offers expressiveness and
performance benefits, but difficulty arises in interacting with components
written in a conventional language whose type system provides no way
to maintain the affine type system’s aliasing invariants. We propose and
implement a technique that uses behavioral contracts to mediate between
code written in an affine language and code in a conventional typed
language. We formalize our approach via a typed calculus with both
affine-typed and conventionally-typed modules. We show how to preserve
the guarantees of both type systems despite both languages being able
to call into each other and exchange higher-order values.