Is it time for D 3.0?

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:35:21 UTC 2020

On Monday, 30 March 2020 at 22:34:32 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 09:28:44PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Monday, 30 March 2020 at 21:24:31 UTC, rikki cattermole
>> wrote:
>> > But in this case receive can be @nogc if the internals allow
>> > it to be.
>>
>> it can, this should be a trivial change.
> [...]
>
> In the name of getting stuff done instead of just talking about
> it:
>
> 	https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/7433

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/6730

Please read the history and how it ended, that's the reason I'm
citing that in that discussions ...

Citing Steven some message above:

"Good points, but I think that we are currently suffering from a
different problem -- people want to, and do, implement these
things, only to be told no, sorry we want it but we can't use it,
because it breaks things. I listed several things that have been
implemented but were rejected (or merged and reverted). Some of
them even by the creator and BDFL of the language. Some other
things are just wholesale changes to the library that
implementing them is just not going to happen without some
significant buy-in from the community and _____leaders_____."

Emphasis on "leaders" mine ..