pprof DLang needs?

Tim tim.dlang at t-online.de
Sun May 3 13:47:44 UTC 2020

On Monday, 20 April 2020 at 21:22:37 UTC, welkam wrote:
> On Monday, 20 April 2020 at 17:30:11 UTC, Tim wrote:
>> allocations on the D heap?
> Whats that? You mean GC heap? I tried that tool on DMD and it
> found its custom allocator so it did all the things I needed it
> for. But yeah for better support you would need to modify the
> source and since its written in C++ I dont think I will touch
> it.

I have modified heaptrack to also track allocations on the D GC
heap: https://github.com/tim-dlang/heaptrack/tree/heaptrack-d

When using it, druntime has to be linked dynamically. It also
only works, when the application is launched by heaptrack, and
not, when heaptrack is attached later. The modified heaptrack
will now only work with D applications.