Is it time for a unicode update of std.uni?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon May 4 09:52:29 UTC 2020

On Monday, 4 May 2020 at 09:32:31 UTC, Robert M. Münch wrote:
> On 2020-05-04 07:49:41 +0000, Fynn Schröder said:
>
>> I guess you should reach out to Mike Parker and discuss if you
>> can set this up as Task Bounty via Flipcause etc.
>
> Well, ok... after searching around, my usenet reader didn't
> find any Mike Paker, because the email he uses has nothing
> inline with his name... And, the only contact I found on the
> web-page is foundation at dlang.org and an info about the
> committee, but nothing about who is involved with which role or
> whom to contact etc. So not sure if this is the correct/best
> address to use.
>
> A lot of information but the simple question "Whom do I contact
> to talk about a possible sponsoring?" is not answered. I would
> highly recommend to change that.

There's a link to the "Donate" page in the Community menu on the
dlang.org site. There's also a button in the top-third of the
main page labeled "Donate" that takes you to it. On that page, we
list several different ways to donate money and provide contact
information for anyone who wants to sponsor a specific project.
I've also written about it on the blog more than once, sharing it
here, on FB, Twitter, and reddit, and will continue to do so now
and again so folks who missed it might see it and those who saw
it won't forget it. Any suggestions to make any of this easier to
find are welcome.

What Fynn was referring to was the Task Bounty system I've set up
at FlipCause. You can read about it here under the old "Bug
Bounties" title:

https://dlang.org/blog/2019/08/17/bug-bounties-have-arrived/

and here:

https://dlang.org/blog/2019/10/04/d-language-foundation-funding-new-platforms-new-bounties/

(Neither of these is mentioned on the Donate page, so there's
something that needs doing.)

The short of it: anyone can seed a new bounty by going to the
Task Bounty page at:

https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/NjI2Njg=

And clicking the first item in the list, "Task Bounty Catch-All"
that has the "Add Bounty" button. Enter the amount you'd like to
donate to seed the bounty and provide a description in the
comment field on the donation for (or email the details to me at
aldacron at gmail.com) and I'll set up a specific bounty for it. It
you first submit an Issue to bugzilla (in this case, an
enhancement request to update std.uni) and refer to the issue
number when you seed the bounty, that will give us a way to track
it.

Otherwise, contact the email on the donate page if you'd like to
discuss something more elaborate. That will go straight to Andrei.