Is it time for a unicode update of std.uni?

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Mon May 4 16:33:10 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-04 09:52:29 +0000, Mike Parker said:

> What Fynn was referring to was the Task Bounty system I've set up at
> FlipCause. Anyone can seed a new bounty by going to the Task Bounty
> page at: https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/NjI2Njg=
>
> And clicking the first item in the list, "Task Bounty Catch-All" that
> has the "Add Bounty" button. Enter the amount you'd like to donate to
> seed the bounty and provide a description in the comment field on the
> donation for (or email the details to me at aldacron at gmail.com) and
> I'll set up a specific bounty for it.

Digging further into this bounty-system I find the process upside down.

While creating a bounty I need to provide my payment information, so I
expect that I'm immediately charged for the bounty. But I don't know if
anyone will do the bounty at all.

To attract someone I have to guess an amount. Maybe I offer to less,
and someone would say "for +$100 I would do it" but I'll never know.
The money then is gone on my side and blocked at the foundation because
it's "task bounded". So cash gone, effect zero. Tha'ts not a good setup.

There is no information what happens when I press the finish button.

The process should be differnet:

1. I offer a bounty I'm willing to sponsor.
2. Someone shows interest.
3. We check-out of a deal can be found.
4. The bounty is created.
5. The persons interested accepts the bounty.
6. Money is paid.
7. Work starts.

Just having many bounties hanging around that are never every taken,
doesn't rais a lot of trust. My impression would be: "Hmm... not much
interest..." without even knowing anything about the process, the
people, the context.

So, going to post my bounty now to the announce group and see if I can
sort out details upfront and then decide to start it.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com