druntime redesign

Denis Feklushkin feklushkin.denis at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:56:44 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 20:24:46 UTC, IGotD- wrote:

> After porting druntime I realized that I need Phobos as well
> because there is a lot of simple stuff like converting int to
> string and so on. Converting an int to string doesn't rely on
> an operating system. However, I'm forced to go through this
> version cascade over again which is even bigger that druntime.

I briefly looked (grep) which "versions" are used in Phobos. It
seems to me that everything that is about different OSes support
can be transferred to druntime without problem. (And in druntime
can be added ability to select arbitrary OS code as repeatedly
described above.)

...And then druntime could become "the new libc"