Discussion Thread: DIP 1034--Add a Bottom Type (reboot)--Community Review Round 1

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed May 6 22:26:13 UTC 2020

On 5/6/2020 4:04 AM, Mike Parker wrote:
> This is the discussion thread for the first round of Community Review of DIP
> 1034, "Add a Bottom Type (reboot)":
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/15081980cd393e21218da6836321ed37ebc48dd3/DIPs/DIP1034.md

Thank you, Dennis, for a well-written DIP, and fixing #DIP1017. Maybe you can
take a stab at improving the D spec prose, too?

* Mangling: prefer to stick with alpha_numeric characters for mangling. It
doesn't need to be short, as I expect it to be rare

* Mention the conversion level, should be "convert".

* For comparisons, I'd use a more popular language than zig.