On type functions

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Fri May 8 02:43:09 UTC 2020

On 07.05.20 19:51, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 17:47:11 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>>
>> If you implement your compiler properly it is easier to not have
>> arbitrary restrictions than it is to have them.
>
> I work with the DMD as basis.
> The less I have to touch the parser, the better.

Apparently the newsgroup dropped my answer to this post, so I'll try again:

It's clear that you work with DMD as the basis, but my question was
simply _what_ the design mistake is that causes this sort of murky
incompatibility of features. I don't see how the parser has anything to
do with it, as UFCS/overloads are (hopefully) resolved in semantic.