dub package PR social advice needed

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 11:55:36 UTC 2020

Hi there,
A few days back one guy opened PR for my old directx bindings,
asking to merge patch for 68 files where he adds version(Windows)
to these files, claiming that he has some problem using the
package on non-Windows platforms (well, that's expected).

While I don't consider this as a harmful I'm still somewhat
skeptic about such changes that adds little to no value in my
opinion.
So instead I advised him to try using dub configurations for that
task, and this where he start acting weird. Basically he just
tell he don't care about any advises and then just quit...

Well, ok then. But I still wanted to know what people think about
such situations and hear advises on how to handle them. Should I
just reject such stuff in the future, or "take down my proud" and
merge? (though it's not about my proud tbh)

One can read this little conversation here
https://github.com/evilrat666/directx-d/pull/10