Discussion Thread: DIP 1030--Named Arguments--Final Review

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Sat May 16 13:30:34 UTC 2020

On Friday, 15 May 2020 at 23:45:46 UTC, Arine wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 May 2020 at 00:37:51 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> 2. what happens if the implementer changes the order of the
>> parameters?
>
> See above. If they are the same type, then it probably isn't a
> meaningful change and can just be entirely avoided. Really if
> an implementer changes parameters around of the same type then
> that's them purposefully being malicious or they just don't
> give a shit.

That's true.

In fact who would do that? Who would change the order of
parameters after a resource/feature is already exposed?

For me this is pure suicide, and I wouldn't trust in this
resource anymore.

At least in some common and good libraries, APIs, SDKs or
whatever I never saw this happen.

Matheus.