Why hasn't DConf online happened yet?

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Mon May 18 15:13:43 UTC 2020

I will appeal to the D foundation to seriously consider taking
DConf online. I've seen and even commented on Walter's post about
it here [1]. I'm not sure why the support has not gone for making
it happen yet. Probably the idea is that the epidemic will die
off soon and we can do it in-person as usual. However, I'm not
sure if that'll hold true since no one really knows when and if
that will happen within a yr.

Even then, my main point is there's little holding us back (IMO)
from making it happen and there are powerful tool for video
conferencing...like of Zoom, Google Meet, among others. There,s
even free ones like Jitsi if you want to host one yourself.
There's ExcaliDraw [2](free) for whiteboarding/brainstorming both
one person and remote collaboration.

So why can't we make it happen?

1.
https://forum.dlang.org/post/rpxlidyzoogkmluvndrk@forum.dlang.org