D mentioned on Rust discussions site

drug drug2004 at bk.ru
Wed May 20 18:34:59 UTC 2020

20.05.2020 20:49, Chris пишет:
> On Wednesday, 20 May 2020 at 14:14:05 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
>
> Evolve yes. And yes, Java was too conservative for too long until Kotlin
> came along. But there's a difference between a language evolving when
> there's a need to evolve (changes in hardware, networking, big data, new
> platforms or even changes in programming culture (you know, the whole
> lot), and the erratic addition of the latest fancy features, i.e. when
> the language becomes a playground for hackers and nerds, forever chaotic
> and immature.
>
> @Mike Parker
> Finally, dear Mike Parker, since you have deleted my original reply to
> Russel, may I ask you to delete any answer that quotes my answer, else
> your censorship looks a bit inconsistent. But consistency is apparently
> not held in highly regarded here anyway, given your statement from the
> 19 October 2019:
>
> "I also don't want to be deleting negative posts just because they're
> negative. Then we get into the business of deleting replies that quote
> them, and maybe even losing some actual useful signal in all the noise."
>
> Here's the full statement:
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/vqfhwstyyozrsxegquxe@forum.dlang.org
>
> If it wasn't you, Mike, who took down my answer, please remind that
> person of your statement on Forum Moderation.
>
> Anyway, as soon as people have to revert to censorship (it's not the
> first time here either) they have something to hide. Greatness speaks
> for itself.

I do not like the censorship but the last your posts I've seen are
negative plus do not contain useful information for community. If you
disappointed in D that is a normal thing, just go ahead, take another PL
and leave us. Please, do not repeat to us that you think we were/are
wrong. But if you want to return - welcome back!