D mentioned on Rust discussions site

NaN divide at by.zero
Fri May 22 07:31:24 UTC 2020

On Friday, 22 May 2020 at 07:08:30 UTC, Araq wrote:
> On Friday, 22 May 2020 at 05:45:16 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> On Friday, 22 May 2020 at 05:32:52 UTC, Patrick Schluter wrote:
>>

>>> This said, while the changes might be more conservative than
>>> to what happened to other languages, your statement that C
>>> hasn't evolved is simply false.
>>
>> "evolve greatly"
>>
>> You guys keep ignoring the adverb.
>
> Because it doesn't mean anything.

"C hasn't evolved" and "C hasn't evolved greatly", are absolutely
two different statements. Walter even listed some changes
himself, so he admits some evolution, he just doesnt view it as a
great change.

Which at the end of the day is a subjective call. I doubt any of
you will change each others perspective on that. Walter knows
what changed, he doesnt view it as a big thing, writing out a
list wont change that...