D mentioned on Rust discussions site

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri May 22 13:29:11 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 21 May 2020 at 15:58:58 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> My expectation would be that technical points are ignored or
> deleted if someone feels they are are phrased the wrong way. I
> might be wrong, but currently I have no desire to post on the
> Rust forums as it does not appear to be welcoming to all
> perspectives.

FWIW I do feel that the mods are being a tad heavy-handed in
trying to push people to not widen the discussion to broader
language comparisons.  I might feel differently if there were
more people actually discussing the OB feature in-depth, but in
such a short thread, with so few participants, it seems
unnecessarily intrusive.

Still, it remains advice only so far.  If I get a ban or a
timeout I may feel obliged to invite you to say "I told you so"
... :-)