D mentioned on Rust discussions site

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Fri May 22 15:27:13 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 20 May 2020 at 21:26:40 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/20/2020 10:49 AM, Chris wrote:
>> Finally, dear Mike Parker, since you have deleted my original
>> reply to Russel, may I ask you to delete any answer that
>> quotes my answer, else your censorship looks a bit
>> inconsistent. But consistency is apparently not held in highly
>> regarded here anyway, given your statement from the 19 October
>> 2019:
>

> That post can be justifiably removed for unprofessional
> demeanor in belittling others. Continue doing so, and they'll
> be removed, too.
>
> Mike has my full support and his decisions are final.

First of all, thanks Mike Parker for also deleting Russel's
answer that contained my original answer (I still wonder how that
could escape you). It looks a lot better now, more consistent.
Well done.

Second, Walter, I've noticed that the word "unprofessional" has
become a blanket term for anything the D leadership doesn't like
/ want to hear. In my opinion, D has become a political
enterprise.

Thirdly, is there an update of the companies that use D? How many
really use it, do the companies listed still use D (what about
sociomantic?) and what do they use it for? Facebook is listed, I
remember Andrei did some stuff (including a script like program),
are they still using it actively?