We need a community effort to maintain unmaintained dub packages, suggestions

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Sat May 23 00:48:26 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 23 May 2020 at 00:31:48 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> I am happy for us to bring over a fixed-point data type, but
> not a money type.
>
> Money requires external API access for get conversion rates ext.

That particular money package actually is very simple, it just
implemented a fixed-point data type, and that's also what I need.
(Ahh, even such a small thing is hard to find in dub, and this
one is the most downloaded package in its kind with dub score
4.0).

The other decimal package actually looks pretty decent:

https://github.com/rumbu13/decimal/issues/7

but, right now it has compilation and test errors:
https://github.com/rumbu13/decimal/issues

(sigh ..., suppose I want to use D in my work, how I can convince
my company to use it if I cannot even get my personal hobby
project done in D?)