We need a community effort to maintain unmaintained dub packages, suggestions

Luis luis.panadero at gmail.com
Sat May 23 07:27:50 UTC 2020

On Friday, 22 May 2020 at 21:01:58 UTC, mw wrote:

> And worse, it looks like both packages are no longer maintained
> by their original owners.
>
> Then I found other people experienced the same difficulties,
> and started to re-invent those wheels, and the new packages are
> in 0.0.x stage with limited functionalities.
>
> I think we are wasting our community effort here. I'm wondering

Because this, I forked two small packages and get it under my
wing, with the self-compromise that at least I will keep it
working on future versions of D. However, I published they with
different names and changing the module name. Something that
should be totally unnecessary.

And there are many packages with the same problem on the wild.