We need a community effort to maintain unmaintained dub packages, suggestions

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Sat May 23 21:13:42 UTC 2020

Speaking of ordinary vs extra-ordinary, do I need to mention the
well known story of Paul Graham?

His startup, written in the most extraordinary programming
language Lisp (IMHO), after sold to Yahoo, was rewritten to C++
and Perl:

https://discuss.fogcreek.com/joelonsoftware1/31402.html

This is another classic example of extraordinary-ness lose to
ordinary-ness, unfortunately.

Frankly speaking, for my hobby project, I would want to use Lisp
(I hope this won’t offend anybody here), but it’s really hard to
get started without some good modern Lisp libraries for today’s
IT infrastructure (hardware & software).

D is the 2nd on my language selection list. Language-wise, D
certainly is superior to C++, and Java (among compiled languages
that can offer decent performance). From my short D journey so
far, I think if D’s supporting libraries can catchup with what
the D language itself  has offered, D will have a much bright
future.