A look at Chapel, D, and Julia using kernel matrix calculations

data pulverizer data.pulverizer at gmail.com
Sun May 24 16:51:37 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 12:12:09 UTC, welkam wrote:
> On Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 05:39:30 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
>> By this are you saying that SIMD happens automatically with
>> `-mcpu=native` flag?
> When you tell compiler to generate code for specific CPU
> architecture (-mcpu) it can apply specific optimizations for
> that CPU and that includes SIMD instruction generation.

My CPU is coffee lake (Intel i9-8950HK CPU) which is not listed
under `--mcpu=help` but has avx2 instructions. I tried
`--mcpu=core-avx2 -mattr=+avx2,+sse4.1,+sse4.2` and getting the
same improved performance as when using `--mcpu=native` am I
correct in assuming that `core-avx2` is right for my CPU?

Thanks