Why four definitions of std.meta.Replace?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon May 25 01:54:36 UTC 2020

On Monday, 25 May 2020 at 01:43:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Why all this?

Until semi-recently, you could not pass a built-in basic type to
an `alias` param. I don't recall when that was changed, I think
it last year, but surely the Phobos implementation predates that
enhancement.

And you could use the ... before but that was perhaps too
permissive. Or maybe the original author just didn't like that
style.

But with alias accepting keyword types now, I imagine a LOT of
phobos could be simplified to use it.