D mentioned on Rust discussions site

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Tue May 26 11:21:51 UTC 2020

On Monday, 25 May 2020 at 20:47:36 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/25/2020 1:28 AM, Chris wrote:
>> On Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 04:25:07 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>>>
>>> Joakim is welcome to return anytime he wants, and we've told
>>> him that.
>>
>> So you forgive him? Great!
>
> We didn't ask him to leave. We only required that he conform to
> the forum rules. Anyone is welcome here if they comport
> themselves in a professional manner.

That's not the point. The point was that you treated him in a way
that made him lose faith in D and its leadership. There was
stonewalling and censorship which sounds familiar to me. My point
was that by treating him in this way, you lost a contributor to
and a proponent of D. Was it really worth it? I get the
impression that you don't really regret it, so somehow you must
think it was worth it, for what reason, I don't know.