Improving the D documentation web presentation

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Wed May 27 06:38:46 UTC 2020

On Monday, 25 May 2020 at 16:12:14 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 5/25/20 9:56 AM, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> What is your thought on the current ddox and ddoc
>> documentation? Which one do you like and/or use more?
>
> Lots of chatter about that over the years. I grew to appreciate
> having both options. (We're not alone, e.g. GNU does the same.)

Unfortunately while searching for `dlang spawnShell` or similar,
the first hit on google is
https://dlang.org/library/std/process/spawn_shell.html

The function description is not that good:
Pid spawnShell (
   scope const(char)[] command,
   File stdin = makeGlobal(),
   File stdout = makeGlobal(),
   File stderr = makeGlobal(),
   scope const(string[string]) env =
cast(const(string[string]))null,
   Config config = cast(Config)0,
   scope const(char)[] workDir = null,
   scope string shellPath = nativeShell()
) @trusted;

comparing to https://dlang.org/phobos/std_process.html#spawnShell

@trusted Pid spawnShell(scope const(char)[] command, File stdin =
std.stdio.stdin, File stdout = std.stdio.stdout, File stderr =
std.stdio.stderr, scope const string[string] env = null, Config
config = Config.none, scope const(char)[] workDir = null, scope
string shellPath = nativeShell);

As I know this issue, I refuse to use the first hit on google,
but for other users, this
is quite confusing / disturbing I assume.

Kind regards
André