Greenwashing

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu May 28 01:23:31 UTC 2020

> On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 5:57:00 PM MDT Meta via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 18:50:50 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>>> Based on some of Walter's comments, it also sounds like he
>>> intends to make nothrow the default in another DIP, which is
>>> also a terrible idea. I'm increasingly worried about the future
>>> of D with some of where these DIPs are going.
>>>
>>> - Jonathan M Davis
>>
>> What's wrong with nothrow by default? Probably 97% of code
>> doesn't need to throw exceptions.
>
> If anything, I would say the opposite.

It actually doesn't matter what's more common (and I agree with
Jonathan, there's actually a lot of throwing calls because of the calls
that you make into other functions). What matters is that there are
functions that are actually nothrow that aren't marked nothrow. Hence
the desire that these functions should actually be marked nothrow
implicitly so people who care about that can just use the functions
without issue.

-Steve